We’ve made a lot of investments here at Knotions and we hope you like them!
While we’ve gotten a lot of feedback, please let us know what you think.
Here are the top highlights…
- We’ve gotten a redesign done by a design team and a new theme done as well.
- I’m sure you’ve noticed that it also includes a heart. Watch for the heart to show up elsewhere too 🙂
- Professional Photography
- Starting with this issue, every design is being professionally photographed! We’re still learning, but hopefully it’s an improvement from the start.
- Issue Naming
- Moving forward, the issues will be named for the month after the issue launches given that we launch at the end-of-month. Next month, our issue will be the October issue. This in NO WAY changes the number of issues per year – it will still be 12 and we’re launching every month – like always.
- Improved Usability
- The menu stays on every page even when you scroll, so those items are always available. It includes our standard abbreviations (that we know you miss all-too-often) and search!
- PDFs are listed on both the top and bottom of every pattern so you can get to it easily. Yes, I listened here. At least, I hope I addressed this.
- Pattern Key on each pattern – You can find a list of major pattern attributes at the top of each pattern! We include seasons in there and believe it’s the first of its kind (I’ve often wanted to find all patterns suitable just for Winter)! Click on any of the items to see all patterns tagged with that attribute. We also list them all on the top of the sidebar and they’re all clickable as well (the sidebar is down at the bottom if you’re on a smart phone or tablet).
This is a BIG update for Knotions and I couldn’t have done it without the help of many of my family, friends and co-workers. Some of you reviewed the site and some of you just sent me a light-hearted email that helped make the day go quicker and gave me a bit of a needed distraction.
I’ll list everyone here alphabetically so I don’t play favorites:
A huge thank you to – Adam, Andi, Ashley, Brittany, Christy, Diane, Emily, Gerard, Kelly, Margo, Mary, Moda, My Mom, Natalie, Orange, Paola, Tanja (and yes, I listed my cats here because they give me more support and love than I could ever ask for!). I apologize if I missed your name. Believe me that your input meant a lot to me and it’s just that my brain is frazzled right now.
And Paul, my husband and just a great person for all of his support (and lots of Caramel Sundaes!) gets his own special line because I couldn’t have done it without him (my partner-in-crime and best friend). He reviewed things oh-so-many times and kept his patience and cool even when (I’m sure) he wanted to just scream “Not Again!”.
He did lose his patience once or twice but I lost my sh!t more times than I can count.
And let’s not forget those caramel sundaes. I might need to add a “powered by” line just for them. In fact, I think I will…