Wow, we released another Shawl Issue this weekend!
I’m always SO proud of these issues. This one had 15 patterns (13 knit and 2 crochet).
It was also the first time we sold patterns and while I was nervous about that, things worked! Technology worked! People bought patterns! And it’s great that this is in the rearview mirror. I can’t stress enough of JUST HOW GREAT this is. imdoneimdoneimdone
Now, I have TONS of people to thank. At the risk of missing someone (which I’m sure to do), here are (some?) of the people who helped get this issue off the ground:
- Natalie – While she’s a great tech editor for Knotions, she does SO MUCH MORE. She thinks of things that’ll help me (and by extension, you), she asks great questions that get me thinking, she reviews almost everything and improves them lots. Plus, she’s also just a great person to work with. I couldn’t do it without her.
- Mary – she’s both a great friend and a great sounding board (and venting board), and she does it all while keeping her cool. And if I’m ever feeling overwhelmed, once she talks me down, her next thing is asking me “what can I do?”
- Mari – She really knows me, knows the industry and gives me some great ideas and recommendations! One recent one – our Pattern Daily. Sign up and see one pattern each weekday from our back catalog.
- Designers – In addition to the obvious things, the designers in this issue are wonderful people. Really. I’m so lucky to work with them. They support me, give me great ideas – all in addition to designing some incredible patterns. I’m so lucky they’re part of the Knotions family. And did you see our Designer Focus on Jaya with this issue? Like I said, good people.
- Friends and Family – I get SO MUCH support from everyone. The quick emails, the check ins, the surprise phone calls. All of it is both unexpected and so treasured.
- My Mom – who keeps saying “I wish I could knit” but she does so much for me. And if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t have inherited the crafting gene. She’s the reason why I know how to sew, embroider, paint and I’m sure tons of others. She may not knit, but she doesn’t need to.
- You (the readers) – I couldn’t do this without all of you, and I try to respect the fact that you CHOOSE to come to Knotions. Wow, what an awesome complement – thank you.
- Special Mention – I could never write a list like this and not include Paul, my husband. He does SO MANY things for me that just make everything easier. For this issue (seriously, just in the past few weeks) he’s surprised me with some of my favorite desserts/treats (I’m looking at you Oreos and Chocolate-Covered Cherries), made dinners without ANY help from me (and they were seriously good), dealt with me not being available A LOT, dealt with me being preoccupied even when we WERE together, bought me flowers, surprised me with flowers, cleaned our back room (omg, we had ALL that space?) and I’m sure these things just scratch the surface. Oh wait, one more – LAUNCH RIBS! How could I forget launch ribs?
Obviously, I have tons to be thankful for – and these people just scratch the surface. I’m truly blessed that I get to do this every day.
Thank you 🙂