We created Hatstar for you! Hatstar is 50+ pages of information on hat knitting and designing and it can make you a better hat knitter, hat pattern writer or hat designer. It’s reasonably priced at just $12.95 and available for purchase in both EU and non-EU countries.
The ebook has over 50 pages of help, advice and know-how to make you a Hatstar. Up-level your hat knitting game with our ebook. This book is for you…
For the hat knitter:
- Learn recommended cast ons and bind offs for hats for both bottom-up and top-down.
- Understand the basic components of a hat and how they work together.
- Think again about hat embellishments to make just the right statement.
- Read about yarn choices and how they impact the use and look of the hat.
- Three patterns for hats in multiple sizes for both men and women.
- Gain knowledge of perfect hat finishing to achieve tam and beret shapes and wet-blocking versus steaming.
If you want to design your own hats:
- Understand the proportions of the human head and face
- Learn how different basic hat shapes are achieved
- Discover the basic recipes for many types of hat
- Master how to calculate crown increases/decreases for perfect length, fit and shaping in a variety of crown shapes
- Find out how to manage stitch patterns to create decorative effects whilst decreasing/increasing the crown
- Understand the considerations for stitch pattern choice in a hat (with links to some of our favorite sites for insipration).
- Worksheets for calculating both circumference and vertical dimensions.
- Details on standard sizing and guidance on ease for getting a good fit and look for your chosen hat type.
- Learn a methodology for creating a design brief and refining your design.
And if that’s not enough, we include 3 full patterns in the book so you can see them in action (or just plain ol’ make them). They include the Absolutely Cloche, the Mama Hat and the Partner Hat (great for both men and women).
Get yourself a copy today of just $12.95.
Don’t miss out. Your hats will thank you.