We all have those days when we just want to curl up with a good project and knit/crochet like the wind!
Here’s a few things for you to be sure to have with you, so you can get the most out of it!
- So it’s not silent – playlists, tv to binge (I like to play repeats here so I don’t need to pay close attention), podcasts/vlogs.
- So you remember – Phone or other way to take notes.
- So you can veg – Pick an area that makes you comfortable.
- So you can count – Stitch markers so I don’t have to search the house when I need them (small lengths of yarn can work as well).
- So you can cut ties – Scissors and even learn if you can break the yarn just with your hands.
- So you can fix things – Small crochet hook when things go awry.
- So you can get ahead – a Darning needle to weave in ends.
- So you know how it works – Make sure you’ve read the pattern before you start, so you don’t need to stop.
- So you can use them – If you either have a chart or more complex written instructions, make sure you have a way to place them (table, snack tray, etc.).
- So you can see – Good lighting (do I need to say more here?).
- So you don’t end up like a pretzel – Take plenty of breaks – set a timer if needed, get up and stretch (your legs, back, neck, shoulders, hands and fingers). It’s going to feel like you’re “wasting time” but this will allow you to knit/crochet longer. This article will give you several great tips!
Get the most out of your crafting day with these simple tips!.
Enjoy your day and make it as stress-free as possible.
Oh, and one more – gather them all together in a bag, so you’re sure to get everything whenever you have a chance to get in a little extra crafting.
BTW, a bag doesn’t have to mean that it’s only for when you go out. Keep everything together in the bag and even bring it with you wherever you are in your house!
About the Writer: Jody Richards
Jody is the founder and lead editor of Knotions. She loves poring over stitch dictionaries and trying out new stitches.
And while she likes all things crafting (well ok, except that one thing), yarn crafts are her true love (and she has the stash to prove it).