Knotions also had a conversation with Jessica from Purls & Postulates. Read our conversation here.
We had a chance to knit up swatches of 2 of Purls and Postulates yarns!
- Harris DK, 75% SW Merino, 25% Nylon, 245 Yards/100g
- Harris Sock, 75% SW Merino, 25% Nylon, 483 Yards/100g
We loved them both, but read on to get more details:
The dyeing is lovely and dappled. The speckles were less-strong than I’ve seen with some others. So, if you’re drawn to speckles and looking for a bit calmer of a tone, this is a great choice!
During blocking, I did a traditional soak. The yarn DID NOT BLEED! This tells me a few things:
- The yarn was thoroughly washed.
- The speckles won’t bleed onto the main color.
- The shade of the yarn in the skein IS the shade that I actually get. Washes won’t fade the yarn.
Both yarns were very smooth and soft. They pulled through my hands without effort. The stitches were uniform and lovely to see.
Both of these yarns are fabulous – and I’m happy to recommend that you look at either one for your next project!