Knitting socks doesn’t need to be scary! We give you what you need to make a great pair of socks.
SockStar is available for purchase. For just $5.95, you get over 55 pages of help about knitting socks:
- Selecting a cast-on or bind-off
- Choosing a direction – cuff-down or toe-up
- Terminology of a sock
- Picking a good sock yarn
- Over 15 tips to have you knit socks like a pro (good for other knitting too)
This book is great for both seasoned and new sock knitters, and gives detailed step-by-step instructions on doing the:
- Figure 8 CO
- Turkish CO
- Decrease BO
- And many more
You also get valuable information on
- how to choose the right sock yarn
- how to work a heel flap
- how to add a gusset to a short row heel
- tables (with the numbers all figured out for you) for working two of the most common heels
And over 15 tips, including ways to:
- keep yarn twist-free
- abbreviate a sock pattern so you can easily remember what you did
- make it easier to avoid having an end peek through
- avoid the twist when joining to work in the round
Get a list of our favorite books and patterns. You might even find a new one for yourself.
Don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what two veteran sock knitters are saying about SockStar:
“The book is great! A *must* have for the new sock knitter and a handy reference guide for those already knitting their own socks. It will have a definite home in my library of knitting books.” – Mary E. Rose
“I…got so engrossed that I almost made myself late.” – Nancy Bellamy
Do yourself – and your socks – a favor by getting SockStar for your library. The tips alone are worth the price of the eBook and you get a lot more than just those tips.
Interested in SockStar but want something a bit more advanced? Our SockStar Vol. 2: Heels, might be just the answer.